Will And Trust

Our expert wills, trusts and estates solicitors can help you structure your estate in the best way to protect your wealth for the future, provide for your loved ones, and minimise tax.


Wills & trust experts

Our partner-led team is one of the strongest multi-disciplinary teams in the country, covering the breadth of wills, probate, tax and trust work. We have considerable experience with high value estates and international wealth and understand the unique challenges this can present.

Case evaluation

Call us on on 020 8522 4400 or fill out the form

Signing and witnessing the will

You must sign your will in the presence of two independent witnesses, who must also sign it in your presence – so all three people should be in the room together when each one signs. If the will is signed incorrectly, it is not valid. 

Beneficiaries of the will, their spouses or civil partners shouldn’t act as witnesses, or they lose their right to the inheritance. Beneficiaries shouldn’t even be present in the room when the will is signed. It’s also best not to ask an executor to act as a witness.

Will And Trust solicitor

If you care about your debt issues to be dealt quickly and in a profesisonal manner, look no further.

Wills & Trust solutions? We can help.

We will provide..

Call us now on:

020 8522 4400


How do I
update my will?

You should review your will every five years and after any major change in your life such as a new grandchild or moving house. Never make alterations on the original document. 

If you are making a minor amendment to your will, you can add a supplement, known as a codicil. This must be signed and witnessed in the same way as the will, although the witnesses don’t have to be the same as the original ones.

If anything substantial needs to be changed, you should make a new will and cancel your old one.

If you marry, remarry or enter a civil partnership, this cancels a previously existing will. Divorce doesn’t automatically invalidate a will made during the marriage, but does exclude your ex-spouse or civil partner from benefitting if they are mentioned in the will. Arrange a new will if you marry, separate or divorce.

If you don’t make a will, you will die ‘intestate’ and your estate may not go to the people you want. There are special rules for how your estate will be distributed these are called intestacy rules.


Rely on our experience and expertise of our lawyers here at Blakewells Solicitors